Sunday, February 5, 2012

Interview : Diane Sagnier





GR: Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you live.

DS: I am a 21 year old photographer, presently living in Paris, but my heart is wherever the sun is.







GR: Inspiration / influences?

DS: I'm inspired by the gaze of the people I meet, by the direction of the sun, pretty girl's smiles and music.





GR: How did you become interested in fashion photography?

DS: Actually being a fashion photographer is an excuse to be a photographer, do what I love and actually get paid for it. I think my work is more about the feel coming from the image more than the clothing, but they work together very well so that's a good thing for me.





GR: Favorite band(s) at the moment.

DS: Rght now I'm obsessed with Foster the People! OBSESSED :)!





GR: What kind of camera(s) do you shoot with?

DS: I used to shoot with a Nikon D200 but I've been working for a year with Canon 5dmkII and I also make videos with it. I also always carry around a analog compact camera for my "souvenirs" pictures. Right now it's a LC-A+ made by Lomography.





GR: Do you have any photography tip/tricks to share with someone just starting out?

DS: Take pictures of what amazes you. It's always going to turn up special.





GR: Night owl or early bird?

DS: I'm a daytime person. Not much of an early bird nor a late nighter, I think the time in the day I like the most is between 4 and 7, when the sun is really low and makes these amazingly large shadows but still heats you up, until sunset.




GR: How did you come up with the concepts for your videos?

DS: I'm not sure, it depends on the video but it'll often be from a dream or just an aesthetic i'd be obsessing about for days. Sometimes it'll just be like "I've got this person, and this background, let's do something with it and see how it goes", and things just seem to speak for themselves.





GR: You have $8 in your wallet, what do you spend it on?

DS: A bag of ready to eat almonds, a coffee in an outside bar table and I'll borrow a cigarette.









----------------------
To view more of Diane Sagnier's photos
www.dianesagnier.com
All original images via website
----------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GIRL.

My photo
i'm a lover undercover.